Introducing New STURDI-BATTEN
by steve • March 13, 2015
**** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ****
COR-A-VENT INTRODUCES NEW STURDI-BATTEN™
BREATHABLE BATTEN STRIP FOR VERTICAL SIDING & CEDAR SHAKE APPLICATIONS
Cor-A-Vent Inc. is proud to introduce a new addition to its Siding Vent System family of products, the Sturdi-Batten™ – a breathable batten strip for creating a rainscreen ventilation system behind vertical siding and cedar shakes. CLICK HERE FOR A ONE-PAGE SUBMITTAL SHEET.
Sturdi-Batten is a vented batten strip made from our power-nailable, easy-to-install Polypropylene (PP) material. It is designed to provide moisture drainage and ventilation – also commonly called a “rainscreen system” or “rainscreen wall” – when applied horizontally along the wall behind vertical siding. It can also be used as a vented nailer strip to provide a rainscreen space behind cedar shakes.
The Sturdi-Batten advantages:
- DURABLE: Three plys of heat-resistant PP plastic create a 7/16” thick batten strip that won’t crack or compress like “drainage mat” style products when power-nailed, screwed or stapled in place.
- VERSATILE: Use with a number of applications, including vertical siding, panel siding and cedar shakes & shingles.
- RELIABLE: Vertically-oriented airways allow both moisture drainage and drying airflow between your siding and housewrap, adding life to your home’s exterior.
- ECONOMICAL: Save money using Sturdi-Battens instead of drainage mats, which must be applied to the entire wall. Sturdi-Battens can be installed only as often as required by your siding manufacturer’s recommendations, meaning lower material cost.
Sturdi-Batten is the latest addition to the Siding Vent System family of products:
- SV-3 Siding Vent – a 7/16” thick vent designed to allow moisture drainage and drying airflow behind siding at the top and bottom of a wall.
- SV-5 Siding Vent – a ¾” thick vent designed to allow moisture drainage and drying airflow behind siding at the top and bottom of a wall.
- Sturdi-Strips – 3/8” thick heavy-duty furring strip for furring out lap siding.
- Sturdi-Starter – 5/16” thick heavy-duty starter strip for first course of lap siding (non-venting)